Sunday, October 28, 2012

Nesting on Main

As many of you may know, I used to live in New England.

One of my favourite places to visit was Concord, Massachusetts which was only a short drive from where I lived through beautiful countryside and past gorgeous colonial houses.  Concord is steeped in history (I won't bore you with any here) and is a haven for people like me who love independent boutiques, gift shops, galleries and restaurants.




Hidden away off Main Street is an absolute treasure - Nesting on Main.  'Nesting' as it is called by those in the know, is owned by three women, one of whom, Wendi Snider has become a good friend of mine over the years and is a loyal patron to Claryce Design.


 
Nesting is brimming over with vintage and antique items sourced by these amazing women who, like Magpies have a keen eye for treasure :)  Although I visited the shop often it never looked the same from one visit to the next.


 Everywhere you look are beautifully arranged vignettes.


Including handcrafted items and 'finds' such as birds eggs and feathers.




Wendi was the first retailer to sell my gift tags and also scrabble tile pendants which I used to make by the dozen.  Here is a glittering nest with a few examples of my scrabble tile pendants in it.



I am attaching a link to a news feature that was done on the shop a few years ago, so you can feel like you are taking a browse yourself.  Enjoy!
http://www.necn.com/pages/landing?blockID=142171&tagID=20595




No comments:

Post a Comment